On June 27, 2018, Scrum expert and Ascendle VP of Business Development, Angelo Firenze will lead a discussion on "The Agile PMO: How the Traditional Project Management Office fits into the Agile Landscape" at The Versatile Project Manager Symposium 2018. The event will be hosted by the PMI Silver Spring Chapter in Silver Spring, MD.
On June 13, 2018 at 5:30 PM, Scrum expert and Ascendle VP of Business Development, Angelo Firenze will lead a discussion on "The Agile PMO: How the Traditional Project Management Office fits into the Agile Landscape" at the PMI Long Island Chapter. The event will be held at CA Technologies, One CA Plaza, Islandia, New York.
On June 8, 2018, Agile expert Allison Grappone will be speaking on the topic, "Agile Estimating and Planning" at the Project Management in Practice conference, being held at Photonics Center, 2nd Floor, St. Mary’s Street, Boston University in Boston, MA.
You’ll learn how to deal with changes in scope and priority while always being able to tell management, “This is when we’ll be done.”Learning Objectives
- Understand how user stories, story points, planning poker, and velocity work together to provide predictable schedule estimates.
- Learn techniques you can immediately apply to your projects to estimate how fast your team will go, both before they start and as they're getting ramped up.
- Learn about the cone of uncertainty and how to apply its concepts to present a larger range of estimated completion timeframes early in the project, and narrow that range as the project continues.
On March 1, 2018, Agile expert Allison Grappone will be speaking on the topic, "Driving Business Results with Scrum" at the 2018 PMI Hampton Roads Professional Development Conference, being held at the Founders Inn and Spa, in Virginia Beach, VA.
By attending this event you'll learn:
- The basic concepts of Scrum and how they enable high-throughput teamwork
- Why the development team should not be in charge of the feature list
- How Scrum teams deliver quickly and predictably, and respond to changing business conditions
- How to troubleshoot Scrum if it’s not delivering the results you want
- Steps you can take to implement Scrum at your company
Implement Scrum and start delivering on what your business needs: new features your customers and the sales team want, on a predictable schedule, with the ability to quickly respond to changing business conditions.
On June 26, 2018, Agile expert and Ascendle Chief of Staff, Diana Getman will be speaking on the topic, "They want it When? UX in an Agile Environment" at Agile Testing Days - North America's Greatest Agile Testing Festival, in Boston, MA.
As friends and colleagues of Ascendle, we would like you to be our special guests. Please register at https://agiletestingdays.us/ and recieve a 20% discount using the unique code ATDR39.
In this session, Diana will cover how to balance the long-term visionary work required for solid UX and interaction design with an agile team's need for designs RIGHT NOW.
Most software development teams struggle with how to integrate UX and interaction design into the Agile process. UX architects and designers often feel like they're being told to "Be creative now!" and generate a solid design on the spot. That's a difficult goal to achieve, and runs a high risk of a design that's not well thought-out and won't hold up as the application grows.
- How to integrate the work of both UX/interaction design and the agile team
- The do's and don'ts of applying agile management techniques to the UX process
- Adapting to an iterative and incremental environment
- What changes are required in your approach
- What's most important to figure out before the developers get started, and what can wait
On January 31, 2018 at 6:00 PM, Scrum expert and Ascendle President and COO, Dave Todaro will lead a discussion on "The Agile PMO: How the Traditional Project Management Office fits into the Agile Landscape" at the PMI New Hampshire Chapter. The event will be held at Tuscan Kitchen, 67 Main Street, Salem, NH.
On November 3 at 10:30, Scrum expert and Ascendle President and COO, Dave Todaro will lead a discussion on Agile Methodologies at the PMI Southern Maryland's 3rd Annual Professional Development Day. The event will be held at SoMD Higher Education Center located at 44219 Airport Road, MD. This event is sold out!