We're a contract software engineering firm specializing in using the Microsoft stack to build web and native mobile apps (using Xamarin) for our growing client base. We're looking for a kick-ass .NET architect to join our team. You will be instrumental in keeping our offshore developers moving quickly and cranking out high-quality code.
In this role you'll be the one "making sure we build the software right," providing strategic guidance and oversight to offshore software engineers located in Eastern Europe. This is not a day to day tactical coding role. This is a strategic role where you'll leverage your experience to help more junior software engineers perform at the top of their game.
- Work closely with the Product Owner on the project to understand the overall vision of the product.
- Have developers create small research projects when necessary to prove out new concepts and ideas.
- Write a high-level technical implementation strategy when developers need specific guidance for a new story. This is typically a one to two page document in the project Wiki that describes classes, interfaces, unit tests, etc. This is designed to help the developers avoid going down a wrong path and speed up their work.
- Answer technical developer questions and help them solve problems.
- Perform code reviews to ensure software engineers are attaining proper code coverage, writing code to our standards, and implementing architectural patterns consistent with our approach.
- This is a role for a dynamic individual who has lots of software development experience, but does not want to be heads-down cutting production code. Again, this is not a coding role; it's a strategic oversight and mentoring role.
You can be located within 1.5 hours of Portsmouth, NH. You need to be available once per week in Portsmouth. To work with our offshore team members, you need to be available between the hours of 8am and noon Eastern Time, with occasional Scrum ceremonies as early as 6am or 7am Eastern.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the following technologies:
- NET MVC and WebAPI
- Git and Git Flow
- NSubstitute, Moq or similar
- Bamboo, Jenkins or similar continuous integration tools.
To apply, please provide a copy of your resume along with a cover letter detailing your interest and related experience to the position, and your compensation requirements. Ascendle requires the completion of a background check upon offer of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org