Allison Grappone Speaks at the Project Summit Business Analyst World Conference
On October 15, 2018, Agile expert and Director of Operations and Agile Consulting, Allison Grappone will speak at the Project Summit*Business World Analyst Conference in Boston, M. The event will be held at the Marriott Burlington in Boston, MA.
Allison will be presenting in two sessions:
Agile Estimating and Planning
11:15 am – 12:15 pm
- Understand how user stories, story points, planning poker, and velocity work together to provide predictable schedule estimates.
- Learn techniques you can immediately apply to your projects to estimate how fast your team will go, both before they start and as they’re getting ramped up.
- Learn about the cone of uncertainty and how to apply its concepts to present a larger range of estimated completion timeframes early in the project, and narrow that range as the project continues.
Writing User Stories: It’s Not as Difficult as You Think
2:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Learn how to write an effective user story title and what three parts of the title you should always include.
- Understand how user stories are different and more effective than traditional software requirements specifications.
- Learn techniques to handle non-functional requirements, technical constraints, and business domain modeling in the user story world.